You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSB interface.

Robert Bressert

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

I am experimenting with X-Plane 11 and flying on Vatsim. I have a question that I can't find an answer for.

Vpilot, FSinn and Squawkbox have user interfaces. Does XSquawkbox have a user interface?

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Do you mean an external piece of software that's not directly integrated into the simulator?

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

If you go to https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/software you will see three pictures of user interfaces for Vpilot, Squawkbox and FSinn. There is none for XSquawkbox. When I log on to Vatsim in X-plane 11 there is no interface that I can see. However, since X-plane is in full screen mode (I don't know if there is a way to run X-plane in windowed mode) maybe the interface is behind X-plane.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

No, it’s integrated into XP11. Nothing is hidden.

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Ok, thanks! So this begs these questions: "How do you know when ATC is online?" "What their frequency is?" "How to read or hear an ATIS?" Etc.

I can't wait for Swift!!!

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Read the docomeentation, it explains this.

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

I did. But the text on the screen is almost unreadable. No, it is unreadable. Two reasons: First the text is extremely small. Im 62 years old and my eyes aren't what the used to be. Second, I'm colored-blind. Usually the color of the text blends into the background. For all intents and purposes it's invisible. I might not be the only one with these problems. That's why I asked about a user interface, not because I didn't read the docomeentation.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Take a look at this thread then.

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Thanks, Josh. I'll look into it. Honesty, though, it just seems like we'll have to wait for Swift. I appreciate you taking the time to address this with me.