You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Loss of sound/comms

Henrik Bergvin 1406921

Henrik Bergvin 1406921
Posted
Posted

This is a cross post from the avsim forums, attempting to get some clarity in this issue I am having.

I am having the weirdest of problems with vPilot (and also EuroScope when observing). The sound/comms randomly stops working until press the transmit button. It is as if vPilot loses connection with the network but is then resolved immediately when I press send.

This happens in vPilot and also in EuroScope, but no other software.

I have wondered if this is related to my sound setup (using VoiceMeeter with virtual sound devices), but then I believe I should have noticed this with other software as well - especially communications software.

This is driving me insane, and it has caused trouble for me on numerous occasions (not following ATC commands, because, surprise, I can't hear them). This is especially noticeable in airspace that has low traffic, since the delay between comms may be longer, and it's impossible for me to tell if there has been a transmission or if it is just quiet...

Any help is appreciated. vPilot is run as administrator, and so is P3D.

Edit: Found this post with a similar issue, going to look at the firewall settings - though I don't think this is the problem... viewtopic.php?f=132&t=74991

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

it's the cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic UDP port forwarding issue... There are only 3 instructions in the installation section of vPilot's docomeentation ... This is the result if you don't do #3... Port forward UDP port 3290....

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation2.aspx#installation

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Henrik Bergvin 1406921
Posted
Posted

Which I have done. It keeps doing it nonetheless..

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Where have you done it? In your firewall or router?

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Henrik Bergvin 1406921
Posted
Posted

Both firewall and router. I changed the policies on my firewall to a more lenient one and I haven't had any comms losses since then, but still monitoring.