You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

Laravel Configuration Guide

abdul qadir 1411821

abdul qadir 1411821
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone

Please guide step by step how do i configure SSO with sample of code with my laravel application...

currently i am using laravel 5.3 version.

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
Hi Everyone

Please guide step by step how do i configure SSO with sample of code with my laravel application...

currently i am using laravel 5.3 version.

https://github.com/KHardern/VatsimSSO/tree/develop

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted

Hi Daniel,

Abdul is helping me build a website for which we require SSO. The website is an ATC booking calendar. Abdul is our developer and he has given me a screenshot of an access issue he is having which I think is the inability to extract VATSIM data resources for the SSO.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ap6BzLcFirPslsoFJ5mhDf_Fwpv9lA

Request if you could help him out.

Thanks.

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

@Shez: Has Abdul ensured the server's external IP address is added on the VATSIM SSO site? If it hasn't, or if it has changed, that would cause the error you're seeing.

Additionally, if the hosting company has a pool of external IP addresses that they choose between from one request to another, he may need to either add all of them (if VATSIM allows that) or bind the API request to a specific one as Daniel suggested here.

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted
@Shez: Has Abdul ensured the server's external IP address is added on the VATSIM SSO site? If it hasn't, or if it has changed, that would cause the error you're seeing.

Additionally, if the hosting company has a pool of external IP addresses that they choose between from one request to another, he may need to either add all of them (if VATSIM allows that) or bind the API request to a specific one as Daniel suggested here.

Hi Bradley,

Let me check with him. Thanks.

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted

Hi Bradley,

Let me check with him. Thanks.

Shez

He is still not able to get VATSIM to accept his ip address to register.

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

• 2 weeks later...
Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted

Not sure why this has still not happened. He has been waiting a long time. The message received was that it was under process but that was a long time ago. Is it an automated process?

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Bartlomiej Gawron 1389285
Posted
Posted

No worries, I'm waiting since 18th Dec 2017 to accept my sso site. You probably know the result - no respond from anyone.

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted

so they are not going to accept the site?

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted

There is still no response. Who to approach for this?

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

The person with access to this has gone incommunicado for a bit. There is work to get additional credentials so these requests can be approved.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted
The person with access to this has gone incommunicado for a bit. There is work to get additional credentials so these requests can be approved.

OK as long as it gets done I will wait. Thanks CS.

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Bartlomiej Gawron 1389285
Posted
Posted

Would it be any further info what should we do?

Jamie Fox 811029
Posted
Posted

Shez, Abdul, Bartłomiej, please check your emails - I've contacted you to let you know what you need to do next. Apologies for the delay.