You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Differentiating AI from Real Online User aircraft?

Dave  Seminchuk 1266919

Dave  Seminchuk 1266919
Posted
Posted

Just wondering if anyone has come up with a way to visually see whether a modeled aircraft is indeed a user aircraft or AI controlled. If its not very busy, I will turn AI on just to have some realism and traffic, but found myself waiting in line behind AI not knowing if a user is waiting or what. The only way I know is to check online tools but this takes time to filter out. A visual cue would be a whole lot easier.

Thanks

Regards

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted
Just wondering if anyone has come up with a way to visually see whether a modeled aircraft is indeed a user aircraft or AI controlled. If its not very busy, I will turn AI on just to have some realism and traffic, but found myself waiting in line behind AI not knowing if a user is waiting or what. The only way I know is to check online tools but this takes time to filter out. A visual cue would be a whole lot easier.

Thanks

Regards

I do this as well. The easiest way I've noticed (I'm on FSX) is the AI will always have their tail number and NOT an airline number, for instance an Air Canada A320 taxiing out says C-FDEM and NOT ACA311 (flight number NOT verified ). Also, situational awareness, so listening (or reading on Unicom) where the other pilot is referencing.

edit: so I had to go check the flight number after posting... ACA311 is a Montreal to Vancouver flight so is legit, BUT seems it's been a Dreamliner for quite a while on the route so only half marks for me.

Mr.

VATSIM P2