You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Traffic in ForeFlight? (P3Dv4)

Kyle Weber

Kyle Weber
Posted
Posted

Quick question for the other pilots out there. Has anyone gotten VATSIM Traffic to display in ForeFlight while using P3Dv4? I’ve used various combinations of FSXFlight, P3Dv4 internal GPS output, and FSUIPC and can’t seem to get it working. Ownship position and moving map work just fine. Have had no problems with VATSIM traffic in FSX:SE either with FSXFlight or the Flight1 utility. A head scratcher for me.

Thanks.

Kyle Weber

Minneapolis ARTCC, VATUSA, C3 / P2

Nick Warren
Posted
Posted

I have no solid answers for you. I can tell you I have no issues with Foreflight viewing VATSIM traffic through FSXFlight which is of even less help to you. I can also view traffic on the GTN750. I won't be in front of my system for several days, but maybe see if simconnect is at all involved in the process. Run everything as administrator. I know there are threads in other forums regarding this issue and some discoveries made that fix some users issues. Maybe one of those fixes will apply to you. I'll check back in when I can dive into it further.

• 3 weeks later...
Nick Warren
Posted
Posted

I posted this in another forum today. Still no solid answers, but some things to maybe go back and look at:

I really can't figure out where the problem lies with those who can't get this to work. All I can say is re-trace your steps. I use P3Dv4 currently, but it worked just as effectively when I used FSX, and FSX-SE.

Some possible tips:

-Make sure the computer you are simming on and your ipad displaying Foreflight are on the same network.

-Make sure you FSUIPC installed and that it shows in the modules when your sim is running. You don't have to have the paid version, but make sure you have the correct FSUIPC for the sim that you are using.

-Make sure in Foreflight that you have added FSXFlight as a device, and that it shows up in your devices list.

-Make sure traffic is checked in the drop down menu of the map page. A caveat to this, is that that option won't display if there is no traffic visible.

-I do NOT have the GPS data out checked in P3Dv4.

-Start up order for me is P3D, vPilot, FSXFlight, then Foreflight. I only fly online, so the traffic is network dependent as I have it turned off when not online. That said, I know from previous experience that non-online traffic (ex: Ultimate Traffic) shows just fine as well.

Otherwise, it's pretty seamless, and out of the box. I wish I could help more, but I just have never had issues with it so I'm speculating here. Good luck!

Nick