You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Black ground textures when connecting to vPilot

Julian Poma 1264299

Julian Poma 1264299
Posted
Posted

Hi all! I am having a really strange issue with vPilot since last week, after trying to install the vPilot AI. What happens is that, everytime I lauch vPilot and it connects to the sim, the world ground textures become black. I tried on several parts of the world. Please see the pictures below.

Gsz8WhR.jpg

S5jA6bg.jpg

I have been using vpilot 2.11 without issues. One day decided to install vpilotAI via XML, like I did many times before. After doing that and adding the model matching to the software, I launched P3D with admin rights, later vpilot, and i got what you saw in the pictures above.

These are the things I have tried so far without luck

- Reinstall vPilot, deleting every trace I found about the software.

- Reinstall previous versions of vPilot (2.10, 2.09), although I have been using 2.11 with out issues.

- Be sure to be using the default model matching. I deleted all traces of the vPilot AI (which i tried to install via XML).

- Launch P3D first, then connect vPilot. Launch vpilot first, then launch P3D. Allways with admin rights.

- Clear shaders cache.

- Check the simobjects.cfg and add-ons.cfg on %appdata% to see if there were any traces of vPilotAI.

- Reinstall simconnects.

I did search but I couldn't find anyone with this issue. I am using P3D v3.4.22 (latest hotfixes), default model matching.

Any help is appreaciated!

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I'm not aware of anything that either vPilot or vPilot AI do with your sim that could cause that.

Note that vPilot and vPilot AI are produced by two different authors and (to the best of my knowledge) are not connected in any way. Unfortunate (IMO) that vPilot AI was named in such a way that could cause confusion.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Julian Poma 1264299
Posted
Posted
I'm not aware of anything that either vPilot or vPilot AI do with your sim that could cause that.

Note that vPilot and vPilot AI are produced by two different authors and (to the best of my knowledge) are not connected in any way. Unfortunate (IMO) that vPilot AI was named in such a way that could cause confusion.

Thanks for your reply. I am also shocked. I have tried everything, except a sim/system reinstall. Not something I have the willing or time to do now