You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Round the world in a 737

Joshua Jenkins

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone!

Just thought I would do a little self promotion for a round the world trip I'm on! Me and a friend are taking a 737 to every continent with only real world scheduled flights! More details and screenshots can be found here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/527477-around-the-world-in-a-b737/

Any suggestions or comments are more than welcome!

Josh

p.s. I'm considering live streaming each leg. Let me know if you would take the time to watch (be honest, you won't hurt my feelings )

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller

Matthew McEwen
Posted
Posted
Hey everyone!

Just thought I would do a little self promotion for a round the world trip I'm on! Me and a friend are taking a 737 to every continent with only real world scheduled flights! More details and screenshots can be found here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/527477-around-the-world-in-a-b737/

Any suggestions or comments are more than welcome!

Josh

p.s. I'm considering live streaming each leg. Let me know if you would take the time to watch (be honest, you won't hurt my feelings )

Unless you already have a loyal following on your platform of choice (the flight sim community is a bit oversaturated with "hey look at me I'm flying/controlling" streamers, it's ultimately still routine flying as far as VATSIM is concerned and not that many people tend to be interested), it might be a better idea to upload the interesting bits to YouTube and leave it at that. Otherwise you might find the streams being a lonely bandwidth hog.

Best of luck! I hope it's fun & rewarding.

Matt/Memet
C3 Senior Controller
Indonesia vACC - VATSIM South East Asia
Co-Founder of Garuda Virtual
gv_signature.png.ab75c890d06ff0fea8a77abf3bf2604a.png

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

If you live in reasonable parts of the world where your home doesn't have a max limit to internet usage, why not. I never understood why people want to sit around watching hours of unedited gaming done by moderately interesting people instead of watching the good edited version on places like Youtube, but that's just my grumpy old 26 years old grandpa personality. You can't become a known streamer without streaming, might as well try it if that's what you wanna do. I would definately not take the time to watch, as I never take time to watch any game (simulation, sorry, geesh) streams

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the feedback! Based on the couple replies so far, it looks like I will probably do a little editing and just upload the interesting bits

Josh

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller