You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to Connect Aircraft

Garrett Silverman 1417584

Posted
Posted

Hey Guys,

I recently downloaded everything and everything seems to be working except for vpilot detecting aircraft. Vpilot says it is connected to simulator than when I start flight and hit connect on vpilot it doesn't detect the aircraft. I have looked everywhere and becoming very frustrated, any suggestions?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't know what you mean by "it doesn't detect the aircraft" ... can you elaborate?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Posted
Posted

Absolutely so when I click connect on vpilot no recent aircraft pop up. After doing research it seems that when you load flight that information should pop up under connect section of vpilot.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, it doesn't autodetect anything ... your research led you astray. Just fill it in. Be sure to use a valid ICAO type code so that others will see your aircraft properly.

Posted
Posted

Got it I will give it a try, thanks for the help!

Posted
Posted

One more problem I noticed, I am at LGA where there are controller on and I discover even though I am connected to simulator I am not connected to Network. How do I go about that?

Posted
Posted

I just went through and could not solve the problem. Is it possible even though I can log into VATSIM it may not work because I just made the account a few hours ago? I saw that in another forum.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

How are you connecting? Have you manually typed in both your CID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word?

Posted
Posted

I have typed i n both CID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and I am using the computer the simulator is on to run the network.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I just went through and could not solve the problem. Is it possible even though I can log into VATSIM it may not work because I just made the account a few hours ago? I saw that in another forum.

Yes, that is possible, but if that were the case, you would get an error saying something like "Invalid CID/P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word". Are you getting any errors when you attempt to connect to the network?

Posted
Posted

It just says "Not connected to network"

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I think we need a screenshot.

Posted
Posted

Unable to screen shot but on host mode with voice, in the top right corner there is a Connected to network: with a box next to it that says No.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you are running in host mode, then you must also be running vPilot in remote mode on another computer. Are you doing that?

If not, you should NOT run in host mode, and just run the normal standalone mode.

Posted
Posted

I have run the normal vpilot mode but it is still saying not connected to network.

Posted
Posted

Went for a second reboot and it fixed the problem TY!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm betting you just needed to wait for your CID to be activated. Rebooting is normally not necessary to connect.