You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How to set COMs to transmit/receive from cockpit panel

Sunil Mulay

Sunil Mulay
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys

I know you can use the .com commands to set COM1 and COM2 to receive/transmit. However I have a full (physical) cockpit with the inability to type in commands into vpilot when flying. I need to be able to activate Tx and Rx by selecting the corresponding VHF-1 and VHF-2 transmit and receive buttons on my audio control panel.

So, my question is: how do i do that?

I am using P3D v3, FSUIPC, Prosim.

I can generate a keystroke from FSUIPC.....so was thinking that maybe there is a way to have keyboard shortcuts that can toggle the COM1 and COM2 Tx/Rx buttons of vpilot?

Has anyone done this? If so, could you please share with me how you did it?

Thanks

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi Sunil, I use Prosim as well, and you can just select the corresponding mic button on the audio control panel.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Sunil Mulay
Posted
Posted

Oh, ok - great!

Just out of interest, how does vpilot receive this information?? I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming then that it's Prosim->P3D->vpilot??

Thanks

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's right, it's all through SimConnect. When you push the mic button on the audio panel, prosim sets a variable in SimConnect, and vPilot reads that variable through SimConnect.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Sunil Mulay
Posted
Posted

I see!

Thanks for explaining.

So, I was sitting on a gold mine all this time and didn't know it!! Can't wait to play with that....