It was during our Friday Night Fly-in event. I was one of the persons that hosted the ATIS as well. As you can see, the text ATIS ends with 'extra'. During our inbound peak or outbound peak, we added a manually spoken soundtrack with more information.

Inbound peak: arrivals from RIVER and SUGOL expect runway 18R. Arrivals from ARTIP expect runway 18C. Departures from runway 24.

Outbound peak: runway 24 for SPY3K, VALKO1S, BERGI1S. Runway 18L for REN1E, LOP3E, KDD1E, ARN3E. Arrivals to runway 18R.

(Due to the amount of inbounds and outbounds, we used a 2+2 runway combination (two arrival runways, two departure runways) for a looong time)

This part is only on the audio version of the ATIS. You don't have to be a voice pilot to hear that, text pilots must be able to hear sounds anyway, so we're not limiting who can participate.

I can report back that all went very well.. smooth as butter..

Glad to hear your arrival went smooth. We try our best to have a safe and fast arrival with the least delay possible. However, there were some pilots that didn't listen to Approach which made stuff a bit chaotic and of course resulted in some delays.

spacer.png

ACCNL5 (Assistant Training Director) - Dutch VACC

I am not entirely sure why it is not done that way. Tower controllers rostered for that event got the extra audio files from our event coordinator and we just follow the instructions. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume there is a reason for this, but I do not know this myself.

spacer.png

That would only happen if the “TEST-URL” button in Euroscope was used and the URL grabs info where files would be missing. In this case, it should be possibly to insert text manually. At least if you use Euroscope. I don’t know if that was used for ATIS at EHAM.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor
VATSIM Membership Manager, Asia/Pacific Region

spacer.png

We use Euroscope for the controlling, but we have our own ATIS generator application which automatically processes the METAR, gets the real life active runways (which we can override) and the Transition Level. We only have to choose the ATIS identifier and possible extras.

I think Martijn might be right on this. (He's an APP controller at our division)

spacer.png