You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Filed Flight Plans (vPilot 2.1.7)

David Jones 1355531

David Jones 1355531
Posted
Posted

Hello All,

I have been wanting to ask this for some time now...

When I file a flight via vPilot, why is it that when I go to my stats page it shows that the plan has been filed multiple times?¿ For instance my last flight, N215PW, it shows 7 times? When in fact I filed it once, did not lose connectivity nor pause or do anything other than fly and land. Almost all that I have filed show up as multiples, some in the double digits.

Not sure what's going on here? Any ideas?

Thanks

David

39.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

It's not just vPilot, it's filing via any software/page/method. I know changes get shown (whether initiated by the pilot or controller). But, you're right, flights are often shown multiple times on the stats page. It's something that I've wondered too over the 10+ years I've been on VATSIM. But never asked/figured out.... Hopefully someone who knows can shed some light.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

When flying without ATC, it's usually two. When ATC changes something, the number increases and sometimes you can see the change and who has done it (in the "Amended by" column) but not always. My guess is that the "invisible" changes are some things that are not included in the stats page, e.g. the squawk code, or simply saving the FP without changing anything.

KntU2Cw.jpg

• 1 month later...
Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

So what is the process for amending a flight plan... I usually file with simbrief, then fetch from server on vPilot. If I need to amend it, I do so from vPilot, it says filed. But after a few mins if I fetch it again to check for the change it's the old one again.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
So what is the process for amending a flight plan... I usually file with simbrief, then fetch from server on vPilot. If I need to amend it, I do so from vPilot, it says filed. But after a few mins if I fetch it again to check for the change it's the old one again.

This happens for a reason I do not know. Let's say you file online and connect, then need to make a change. Disconnect, reconnect, then file again with the change. That should work.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Pilots can amend their flight plan at any point UNTIL a controller changes the pilot's flight strip. Then any change the pilot attempts to make will not "stick", as it would overwrite the controller's amendment.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted

To add to what Don said about ATC amendments, you should also be aware that when filing with the VATSIM Prefile system (which is utilized by SimBrief and many other "route finders" it will automatically lock your flight plan as if a controller amended it. Josh's solution allows the server to "unlock" it so that you can make changes if need be with a prefiled plan. For that reason, I would recommend using the option to download the vPilot (or SB) plan, and load it via the client before sending your plan. That way you can make final adjustments if necessary without having to worry about whether it was locked or not.

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

Ah good insights from Josh and Kenneth, thanks guys!

Mr.

VATSIM P2