You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Professional Radar Simulation

Timothy Barker 1202744

Timothy Barker 1202744
Posted
Posted

I have multiple Radar sites defined. I do not receive any radar returns. I use the .showantenna command and I see them in the airspace with plenty of overlap.

Do I have to turn on each radar site individually? I saw somewhere that they update every 60 seconds.

Is there a config option to adjust this based on radar site?

A terminal radar gets much faster updates than an en-route radar site.

27.png

• 2 weeks later...
Bjoern Helge Smaavollan
Posted
Posted

All antennas are on by default. And if you turn any antennas off by: ".antennaoff XXXX" this will not be saved to your next session.

The question would be, what is the antenna settings in your .ese file? This will be where your radars visibility and floor is set.

Are your sure there are aircraft in the air where you are looking? With pro simulations if aircraft are below radarfloor you can not see them, also if they are squawking standby, and you have not selected "show squawk standby aircraft" you will not see them either.

• 3 weeks later...
Timothy Barker 1202744
Posted
Posted

I know aircraft are there. I switch in between radar settings and when I turn realistic on they do not update.

27.png

• 2 weeks later...
Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Then maybe there is something wrong with the definition of the radar stations. You you provide us the relevant extract for analysis?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS