You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Legendary C-130 Taxi Switch/TCAS Fix [SOLVED]

Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Hello all an FSX user here who occasionally goes back to the good ol' days of FS2004.

I have the Captain Sim Legendary C-130 Base Pack and Expansion Pack for FS2004. Decided to take my Kulis ANG girl up tonight in Alaska and was very rudely reminded of a "bug" when I flipped on the Taxi Lights with the switch on the First Officer's side and got the annoying "Traffic, Traffic, Traffic" TCAS warning.

I remember from earlier days that this was a problem that CS was aware of and their forum Knowledge Base had a fix for it. Sadly, CS has completely divorced themselves from FS2004 and have posted that they have discarded most of their KBs from their FS2004 days. I went through the complete list of "Legendary C-130" KBs and the fix is not longer there.

To top it all off, the first of this month AVSIM decided to close their Unofficial CS Forum, so can't post there (although I have placed a post in the "Hangar Chat" thread).

I know there was a fix...I know there was a KB about the fix...I know it can be solved because I did it once before 2014 on my old system before I bought a new system and had to reinstall the C-130 on it and forgot how to fix the issue.

Anybody here remember it. CS will not even accept tickets about their Legendary FS2004 products and their forums don't even have a subsection where Legendary users can post. That's sad because I know someone there will remember the issue and the fix. Hopefully someone here will too...maybe the guys and gals over at vUSAF?

Randy

Edit: Disregard this question. I solved it. My apologies to Captain Sim. I discovered that I was not signed in to the forums like I thought I was. Once I signed in the "Legendary" threads appeared and I found the solution. For those who may be interested, go to FS9/Captain_Sim/C130/sound.ini and open that file with Notepad. Scroll down to the section headed by [sound.73] and change the filename=Traffic.wav to filename=sound.3.wav and the TCAS alert when you flip the Taxi or Landing Light Switch goes away.

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training