You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No voice communication happening with ATC

Mohammed Shafeek 1409147

Mohammed Shafeek 1409147
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I started getting this weird issue recently after i updated my hardware. When I hit the PTT button after tuning in the frequency to Comm radio(I can hear the double beep when swapping the Stdby and active frequency that indicates a successful connection), I can see the Tx light glowing in Vpilot but also hear the buzzer. I dont hear any voice communication happening in the channel but can text and see all text communications happening in the channel. This issue only happens at times. Not always.

Recently it happened that I was flying in US and was able to talk to controllers. Mid-flight, i was handed off to a new frequency. But after tuning in to the new frequency, i was not able to communicate with my voice. I switched back to the old one and it was working. I cycled through the frequencies that were in my range. Few of them worked but most didn't. I texted the controller and told him about the issue. He replied that some pilots who tuned in to his frequency are facing the same issue. To check, we both changed our servers but the issue was there in all servers.

Yes, i turned off windows firewall, but no luck . I am connected to INDIAN server.

I badly need some help to fix it as it is killing my Vatsim experience. Thanks in advance..

Mohammed Shafeek 1409147
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I started getting this weird issue recently after i updated my hardware. When I hit the PTT button after tuning in the frequency to Comm radio(I can hear the double beep when swapping the Stdby and active frequency that indicates a successful connection), I can see the Tx light glowing in Vpilot but also hear the buzzer. I dont hear any voice communication happening in the channel but can text and see all text communications happening in the channel. This issue only happens at times. Not always.

Recently it happened that I was flying in US and was able to talk to controllers. Mid-flight, i was handed off to a new frequency. But after tuning in to the new frequency, i was not able to communicate with my voice. I switched back to the old one and it was working. I cycled through the frequencies that were in my range. Few of them worked but most didn't. I texted the controller and told him about the issue. He replied that some pilots who tuned in to his frequency are facing the same issue. To check, we both changed our servers but the issue was there in all servers.

Yes, i turned off windows firewall, but no luck . I am connected to INDIAN server.

I badly need some help to fix it as it is killing my Vatsim experience. Thanks in advance..

Kieran Samuel Cross
Posted
Posted

Generally good advice to not start double posting in different categories.

Kind Regards,

Kieran Cross,

28.png

Mohammed Shafeek 1409147
Posted
Posted

Sorry about that. I first posted in the other category and later found this to be a relevant category. So posted here. Didnt mean to double post. Apologies.

Kieran Samuel Cross
Posted
Posted

Sorry about that. I first posted in the other category and later found this to be a relevant category. So posted here. Didnt mean to double post. Apologies.

Hahaha chill, just bear in mind you can flag a post to a moderator-permissioned user for the post to be moved or deleted.

Kind Regards,

Kieran Cross,

28.png

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Have you checked the ports in your router? Are you using any other firewall that comes with antivirus?

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Mohammed Shafeek 1409147
Posted
Posted
Have you checked the ports in your router? Are you using any other firewall that comes with antivirus?

I turned off all the firewalls. The Mcafee anf the windows. And even if the firewall was the issue, how will i be able to communicate with some controllers and not with the others.

Anyway, when I flew in vatsim yesterday, i had no issues. It was all perfect. I flew in UK though...