You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC and Windows 98

Justin Vandemark 818266

Justin Vandemark 818266
Posted
Posted

I'm just wondering if anybody else has attempted to run VRC under Windows 98. I found out about VRC a couple of days ago when I was surfing VATSIM. I've always wanted to control but a lack of time and the fact that ASRC's voice system won't work with my sound card has prevented me from doing so and I really don't wanna go buy a new sound card because I'm cheap (this was the main factor). So I thought I'd download VRC and see if it's voice system would work and amazingly it did! Now I am having some other issues and was wondering if anyone else under Windows 98 had the same and found a fix to them, well actually just one issue really. I've been attempting all day to sit in an observe some controllers but the problem is I can't get VRC to load a sector file. I go to File -> Open Sector File and nothing happens at all. I then discovered that the sector loaded on startup can be set in the VRC.ini file so I set it up with a sector file. Still nothing. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? Thanks.

jlvandemsigbanner.gif

1025.png

ZOB ARTCC

D21 T-ATCT

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You'll probably find that quite a few things don't work in Win98. Although to be honest I'm not sure why the sector file specified in the INI file won't load. Are you sure you have the path and filename set exactly right?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Justin Vandemark 818266
Posted
Posted

Yup the filename and path are exactly right as I used copy and paste. Oh well. I finally bit the bullet and just bought a new sound card so I could use ASRC. While I like the look and feel of VRC better it just made more sense to use ASRC since it is known to work ok with Win98. Maybe someday when I get rid of this dinosaur machine I'll run VRC. Until then I'll stick with what works on this old girl. Thanks for the quick reply.

Justin

jlvandemsigbanner.gif

1025.png

ZOB ARTCC

D21 T-ATCT