You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

127.0.0.1 instead of localhost dont work

Mark Foister

Mark Foister
Posted
Posted

I read on the XBS website. instead of using localhost as the server; Use 127.0.01, When I go and do this and hit connect;, Very shortly it disconnects and it just keeps doing it. How can I get it to connect as "localhost shall I say"

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

you were given all the information you needed in the last thread. Given the behaviour cited, it is highly likely you didn't follow all of the relevant instructions you were given.

This is why I've not been bothering to respond to you - you've been given all the information you need already, now please stop spamming this forum and read the good advice you've already been given.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Mark Foister
Posted
Posted
you were given all the information you needed in the last thread. Given the behaviour cited, it is highly likely you didn't follow all of the relevant instructions you were given.

This is why I've not been bothering to respond to you - you've been given all the information you need already, now please stop spamming this forum and read the good advice you've already been given.

Quite a rude response to be be perfectly honest, When I have already said I have tried the IP which was stated on your website and the previous help I got was

For this purpose do not enable proxy on xsb. And as the address set 127.0.0.1.

Which I said in the reply to that reply I did that, it just says connecting, then says disconnected.

So now I am asking for help on why it's doing this

Thanks.

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
Quite a rude response to be be perfectly honest, When I have already said I have tried the IP which was stated on your website and the previous help I got was

You want rude? demanding support from me for an unsupported use for something when you could have got the immediate answer to your question from the Known Issues list *AND* then ignoring the advice of other users, and then also, extremely incorrectly, claiming that the answer to your specific question was incorrect and demanding further [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance. (Hint: it's not - you've got something else wrong)

READ YOUR LAST THREAD AGAIN. This time, paying attention to the excellent advice provided by Carl Tony Leap.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Mark Foister
Posted
Posted

You want rude? demanding support from me for an unsupported use for something when you could have got the immediate answer to your question from the Known Issues list *AND* then ignoring the advice of other users, and then also, extremely incorrectly, claiming that the answer to your specific question was incorrect and demanding further [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance. (Hint: it's not - you've got something else wrong)

READ YOUR LAST THREAD AGAIN. This time, paying attention to the excellent advice provided by Carl Tony Leap.

Carl said this;

For this purpose do not enable proxy on xsb. And as the address set 127.0.0.1.

and i said;

I've just tried that and it just says connecting, then it just says disconnected ?

So what am I exactly ignoring when I tried his instruction ?