You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Experiencing issues regarding "vrc.ini" file.

Daniel Chase 1421238

Daniel Chase 1421238
Posted
Posted

Hello-

As I have been attempting to install VRC, I have come up with the issue of the installer skipping the vrc.ini file. In "Details" of the installer it says "Skipped vrc.ini" As a result, I have searched the web for fixes to this problem, and have found none. I am using Windows 10 OS, and have seen videos and such of people installing the client successfully. I understand this forum may not be active, but this is my last resort in attempting to solve this problem. If anyone knows a solution please reach out to me.

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely,

Daniel Chase

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This forum is still very active, it just doesn't get a lot of use since VRC is pretty stable these days (it's been out for over a decade) and most support probably comes from the local division.

Anyway, the installer may be skipping the INI since you may already have one. Is that the case?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Daniel Chase 1421238
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross-

Thanks for the response. After looking for the file I did indeed find it. It put the file under a different user, but I have retrieved it. Thanks for the help though!

Sincerely,

Daniel Chase