You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

When Radios Stop Working

James Ward

James Ward
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure what just happened, but I flew through both LON_C_CTR and LON_S_CTR without them hearing any of my radio transmissions. This is confirmed because I private messaged LON_S_CTR and got confirmation that none of my radio transmissions got through.

Additionally, I now seem to have another problem. My aircraft (QW 787) won't let me input any new frequencies, so I'm stuck on UNICOM.

I'm about an hour into a 9 hour flight...most of which is over ocean however. Should I continue and communicate to the 1 or 2 controllers I'll encounter during my flight via Private Message or should I disconnect?

Update: I can’t even squawk 7600 because you input the squawk code using the same keypad you use for tuning ATC frequencies...which is broken.

Brian Wilks
Posted
Posted

The docomeentation provided with the Vatsim Pilot Client you're using will indicate whether (and how) you can input frequencies and squark codes via the client instead of using the aircraft's radio system. If so, then you might have a solution.

generate-signature-new-6.php?login=USA7950

James Ward
Posted
Posted

You are right! Thx!

Brian Wilks
Posted
Posted

Glad it worked for you

generate-signature-new-6.php?login=USA7950