You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot Freezing

Alex Hunter 1383370

Alex Hunter 1383370
Posted
Posted

So, I have the current 2.1.11 Vpilot. For some reason every time I connect to the network it freezes. I can talk on the network but after I connect I cannot file a flight plan, or look at different controllers that are on in the area. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. I have restarted my computer. After I do connect though, after a few minutes Vpilot will state that my FSX has frozen and it has disconnected. My FSX hasn't frozen. And virus blocker has been disabled even though this was no problem before. If someone could help me with this that would be great! Thanks.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I have never heard of that error mode. Can you please confirm that you are running BOTH the sim as well as vPilot as an administrator?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Alex Hunter 1383370
Posted
Posted

Yes, I have run both as an administrator. Today I decided to uninstall FSX and then reinstall it to see if that fixes the problem.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Gotcha; please let us know. One suggestion for the future -- next time before uninstalling and reinstalling FSX, first try backing up your fsx.cfg file (just in case), deleting the fsx.cfg file, and then letting your sim recreate the fsx.cfg file. You'll lose your settings (display, etc.), but it's a but less invasive than deleting FSX completely.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations