You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Good Day , pilots ! I have problems with vPilot

Ivan Godzinsky 1426016

Ivan Godzinsky 1426016
Posted
Posted

Well , lets get started .I am new at VATSIM , so ... . First off all , my vPilot client is stop's working right after i start it , so i can't connect to VATSIM network , to do my first online flight . I searched for this porblem in Internet , but found absolutely nothing . I have Windows 7 x64 Proffessional , latest Direct X , latest Microsoft Visual . Also i have more thne 40 gb of free space on harddisk . Please , someone , help !

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Can you please provide more information about "stops working." Can you provide error messages, what you were doing when it stopped working, screen shots, etc.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ivan Godzinsky 1426016
Posted
Posted
Can you please provide more information about "stops working." Can you provide error messages, what you were doing when it stopped working, screen shots, etc.

thats how it looks for me https://prnt.sc/jo92z1 ; http://prntscr.com/jo93jy. ( i have russian Windows 7 , i will translate everything on the screen you see down bellow )

Work of "vPilot" programm has been stoped

> Find the solution in the Internet and close the programm

>Close the programm

Description:

Stopped working

Problem Signature:

Event name of the problem: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: vpilot.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.5260.20091

Problem Signature 03: 538472fa

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem SIgnature 06: 4ca2b889

Problem Signature 07: 358c

Problem Signature 08: 24

Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Language code: 1049

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I had never heard of that error before, so I googled CLR20r3. A few of the posts regarding that error point to a bad .NET framework installation. Can you verify that you have specifically installed Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1) per the System Requirements.

Don Desfosse

Ivan Godzinsky 1426016
Posted
Posted
I had never heard of that error before, so I googled CLR20r3. A few of the posts regarding that error point to a bad .NET framework installation. Can you verify that you have specifically installed Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1) per the System Requirements.

http://prntscr.com/jogg2t , thats what i got when i tried to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 . I will translate first window with error down bellow :

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Installation

To install and setup Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 you need to use "Enable or Disable windows components" (second window) in control panel .

(Second window translation bellow)

Windows Components

Enable or Disable Windows Components

To Enable Windows component , check its box . To Disable Windows component , remove the box . Shadowed box means that component works partly .

Well , when i remove the box and try to install Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 , it gives me the same Error . I google it and find some people saying that its could be Windows damaged registry . Solution is to reinstall Windows . I want to know your opinion .

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I have no opinion, as I've never seen this issue before. If you do repair/reinstall Windows, before starting up vPilot again, please ensure you have configured your machine properly per the System Requirements including installing the correct .NET and FSUIPC. Good luck!

Don Desfosse