You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot with remote PC.

Bernard FUIRET 1234259

Bernard FUIRET 1234259
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I would like to install "vPilot" (for P3D) on a remote PC. I tried without success.

The docomeentation specifies, "a correct version of SimConnect on the computer where vPilot is installed". I recovered "SimConnect" in the following folder,

P3DV3 / redist / interface / FSX-sp2-XPack / retail / lib / SimConnect.msi

Then I installed SimConnect on the simulator PC and also on the remote PC. When launching vPilot, a message tells me that it cannot find the simulator.

Questions:

- Should I install vPilot on both PCs?

- Is it necessary to install SimConnect in a specific directory of the remote PC?

- The "SimConnect.cfg" file of the simulator PC contains the IP address of the simulator. The "SimConnect" file of the remote PC also includes the IP address of the simulator PC, is this correct?

- The files "SimConnect.cfg" are respectively in the folders "My docomeents", do you confirm that they are in the right directories?

- If I cannot run vPilot on a remote PC, is there a possibility to make / hide the vPilot window with a dedicated key (I use my simulator in full mode screen)?

Thanking you in advance for your help, best regards.

Bernard - TMC844.

Bernard.

si.php?id=1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

SimConnect is needed only on the simulator PC. vPilot on the remote does not use SimConnect at all. It communicates with vPilot on the host (simulator) PC using it's own network socket, not SimConnect.

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation2.aspx#networking

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Bernard FUIRET 1234259
Posted
Posted

Good with a little patience, I searched and I ended up finding myself as a big one. I give the answers to my questions to perhaps serve other pilots wishing to use vPilot network.

- It is actually necessary to install vPilot on the SIMU PC and the remote PC. But be careful, then you have to use the program list "vPilot host mode" and use it for the PC simu.

For the remote PC to use, "vPilot remote mode" (always in the program list). In the remote (remote) vPilot settings, you must enter the IP address of the simu PC and a free port (do CMD then enter "netstat / an").

In "host" vPilot settings simu include the same port as the remote.

- For "SimConnect" it must be installed on both PCs but I have nothing to change to the settings and folders chosen by the installation of the file "SimConnect.msi".

Here, advice to fans!

Bernard - TMC844

Bernard.

si.php?id=1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
- For "SimConnect" it must be installed on both PCs but I have nothing to change to the settings and folders chosen by the installation of the file "SimConnect.msi".

No ... SimConnect is not needed on the remote PC.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC