You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Com1 radio not tuning

Brandon Duncan

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

This is a first for me. Before I forget I always run vPilot as admin, and in this instance I shutdown vPilot and re-started it but neither helped. So a VATSIM supervisor told me to post the problem here as he helped me as much as he could:

First of all I tried some ".com1 122.800" commands the supervisor told me to try but that did not help.

I dialed the appropriate freq into the captain's side Comm 1 radio but it would not change the Com 1 freq in vPilot. However when I changed the freq on the co-pilot's com radio, vPilot's Com 2 freq did change, but I could not use it because Com 2's Tx and Rx were grayed out.

If someone needs screenshots, I have 2 of them.

Help would be appreciated.

Brandon

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Which sim, and which aircraft?

Were the radios powered? Was the mic button engaged? (Applicable to at least the PMDG 747.)

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

FSX SP2 in the PMDG 777-200F.

Radios were turned on.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I don't know about the 777, but in the PMDG 747 at least, if the captain's mic switch isn't engaged, it will simulate a radio that can't transmit by way of setting COM1 to a fake frequency (136.975 or something?) and locking out any changes made via either the simulated tuning dial or via the dot-command in vPilot. Not sure if that is true also for the 777 but it's the closest thing I can think of to the described symptom.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the reply. The captain's mic was hot.

Both captain and co-pilot radios were set the usual way when you set the 777's status to long turn around after you first initialize the 777.