You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Japan Flights and a question

Oren Geva 825051

Oren Geva 825051
Posted
Posted

Hello!

TFC is a group of friends from Israel who fly a continous journey around the world, one leg every Thursday evening (1830z for us).

Anyway, two weeks ago we arrived Japan with a flight from Korea to Naha.

Last week we continued flying with a flight from Naha to Kouchi. We were even joined by a Japanese pilots .

I did not ask for ATC as I know this is very early morning in Japan, but since a Japanese pilot joined is, if any ATC are up next Thursday at 18:30 UTC we will be departing towards RJTT.

I summarized the last two flight in our website, with pictures, you might enjoy.

RKSI - ROAH

ROAH - RJOK

Now for the question. I am beginning to look at creating the briefing for this week's flight - RJOK to RJTT. I looked at the charts and and VATJPN preffered routes page came up with:

RYOMA V37 KEC Y21 XAC PQE

However, when I ran this route through FSBUILD, I get a very long route, going south to Australia and back! I just wanted to make sure this route is valid, if anyone familiar with the Japanese airspace (duh!) can help me here it would be great!

Thanks,

Oren Geva

VATIL & TFC

142.png

Masafumi Teshiba 810826
Posted
Posted

Hello,

As that route is valid, XAC-PQE-RJTT of the arrival route leads to NIGHT ARRIVALs of STARs.

If you land to runway 34L/R, the type of approach is going to be FMS/LLZ or VOR/DME/LLZ approach, which might be a little bit difficult for an unfamiliar pilot.

I think it's better to take XAC-SPENS-WESTN-(STAR)-RJTT route that is one of normal arrival routes and then make an ILS approach to land.

I hope you have a nice flight.

Take care!

Masafumi Teshiba

Oren Geva 825051
Posted
Posted

Some of us eventually took the more direct WESTN arrival, while myself and some other preffered the night arrial - as it WAS night.

Thanks for the help!

142.png