You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I need help...

Sebastian Brock 1428583

Sebastian Brock 1428583
Posted
Posted

So I have FSX and want to get into more realistic flying. So I decided to sign up at vatsim. I got vPilot and have fixed all the settings and connected. But I can't seem to find any servers or atc online. Nothing pops up. I have looked on several sites where it says that it is active in several different airports. I would appreciate any help!

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Welcome to VATSIM!

If you've connected, then you already selected a server with which to connect. We have over a dozen servers, all interconnected, so what you see on one (ATC, other pilots, etc.), you see on all.

To find out where ATC is active (remember, we're all volunteer hobbyists, so not every real world ATC facility is manned at all times on VATSIM), most people use a situational awareness program such as VATSpy (standalone program), or www.vattastic.com (online web page). Those are just a couple of examples; there are dozens out there. For other examples, you could search these forums for "situational awareness".

Again, welcome to the community. It's a great hobby, lots of fun, and a good community.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations