You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Your worst flight

Milos Zurovac 1400831

Milos Zurovac 1400831
Posted
Posted

This topic is for your worst flight.For me the worstest is one with a Lockheed Jetstar 1,it was my first time flying that plane,but ended with lots of failed landings due to navigation in aircraft,until i left the game.Lesson learned,never fly a aircraft for first time in VATSIM,better train in singleplayer

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Hi Milos. VATSIM is definitely pro learning. I think if we stayed away until we were proficient, then te numbers of people flying would be reduced. I learn every day. You appear to be on the right track with not wanting to interfere with others, but just pick the places you fly. Practice at a less frequented airport, then progress. We want everyone onboard.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Milos,

I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I have flown an aircraft on VATSIM that I shouldn't have until I understood it's "nuances". As Sean said, it's all about the learning process and that is the key. As long as your next flight is better and you learned from your previous you are headed in the right direction.

I can tell you this, though all those mistakes and all those "hiccups" I did, I'd like to think, get better and now, after nearly 4,000 hours I can honestly say I have never come across a controller who was not understanding and helpful. I know from other threads here that it is not always the case, but I am proof it is the exception and not the rule.

Continue to fly and continue to learn and continue to practice. VATSIM only gets better....welcome to the virtual skies.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I do think it's a good idea to do a test flight or two to make sure you can keep the plane on an [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned heading, altitude, and speed. But then feel free to bring it onto the network & give it a whirl. Worst-case, you get tangled up in it & find yourself being a nuisance or tying up traffic, just disconnect & finish the flight offline -- then research the procedure you needed, boot back up, & take another crack at it. Lather, rinse, repeat until eventually you're proficient enough with it to handle most major curveballs ATC might throw at you.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png