You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

servinfo , vatspy and vattastic

Paul Woods

Paul Woods
Posted
Posted

Have tried logging into servinfo which does not work for me any more --- vatspy was workinn on my new pc up until last week and has now stopped so i was advised to try vattastic and it seems that this site is down --- unable to reach etc etc

What is happening here please --- how do we send an attachment to this site

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Vattastic should be up in a few days or so. The servers had a hardware failure this past weekend.

For those of you who were wondering, Vattastic suffered the failure of one of its disks over the weekend (of course this happens while I'm on vacation and completely out of touch). The failure finally brought down the server Monday morning. While all files belonging to Vattasic and related websites are intact, the actual operating system (and in particular, the bootloader) was affected by the disk failure. I spent the entire day yesterday trying to get the machine to boot and continue running on the remaining 3 disks. While this is certainly possible, I had some issues getting the bootloader to re-install and recognize the root filesystem. I'll take another stab at it after work today. In the mean time, a replacement drive has been ordered and will be here tomorrow. I'll update this thread as more information becomes available.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

VATTASTIC is up and running again now.

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted
VATTASTIC is up and running again now.

Fantastic Vattastic

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015