You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Not able to change frequencies

Chris Barr 919487

Chris Barr 919487
Posted
Posted

Hi,

First off, thanks to those who helped in my other topic, it did get it working in the end.

I was flying on my first flight on Vat but I seemed to be having trouble changing frequencies between towers ETC. I went to Squawkbox and bought up the ATC list and double clicked the tower/control I wanted, but it wouldn't change. I finally changed it once but then I tried going to UNICOM and it wouldn't change.

I also tried the .c 228.00 command which changed the frequency in my radio stack but not on SB.

Just querying however, is SB a voice platform? I'm also running AVC so is there a conflict if thats the case? Or should I be using AVC anyway.

Any help here would be awesome.

Cheers

Chris

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

SB it self should not use any voice. If you don't use voice, you don't need AVC.

If you run AVC, there is no conflict with SB, you can run it even if you don't use voice.

If you use voice, you must run AVC.

When I change to UNICOM, I don't see it in SB (until somebody start send a message), I just see it at my airplane radio.

If there is ATC voice available and AVC is running, then change channel is instant indicated in SB by yellow text.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Marek Pola 843115
Posted
Posted

Verify that you have the box "Roger Wilco" checked when you Connect to VATSIM with SB.

Otherwise you are doing the right thing, you should double click on the controllers callsign. Also doublecheck that the controllers ATIS (the text that comes up in your chat box) contains voice settings.

3500.png