You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Message colors

Marcus Nordvall 1105184

Marcus Nordvall 1105184
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I read in the manual that the messages in the message window will be in light blue when they are intended to you. Still when I get messages from controllers, they are in white/gray and therefore hard to follow from all other messages not attended to me. There is also not a different sound when a message arrives dedicated to me. Haven't found any parameter or setting for this so how is it possible to get this to work? Would ease up the communication very much as I use text only on VATSIM.

br

Marcus

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I'm not in front of my computer at the moment, but as far as I can remember, messages that come in text form over the ATC frequency are gray if they are for the general public and white if they're for you specifically. It's the private messages that are directly between you and the controller, or you and another pilot, that are in light blue. They also come in a separate "tab."

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I need to update the manual ... it's out of date.

Text radio messages directed to you are white. Others are gray. Messages that you send out are light blue.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Marcus Nordvall 1105184
Posted
Posted

Hi

OK, thank you for your answer. Have to look, in my opinion messages are all grey but indeed the ones I send are blue. Is it possible to make the ones directed to me stand out more, or even make colors a property to change to your liking

Anyway thank you for a superb software.

br

Marcus