You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC Unable to connect to sweatbox

Caleb Henry 1342786

Caleb Henry 1342786
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone!

Brand new to VRC... Trying to get it set up to connect to sweatbox. I have added a file with sweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX in it and placed it in VRC program files. When I start up VRC, I get a notification that says "Could not retrieve server list from network. Using the cached server list and user-defined servers" When I go to connect to network, sweatbox is not an option. However, I'm still able to connect to the regular vatsim network. (USA-W). Any suggestions?

-CH

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
I have added a file with sweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX in it and placed it in VRC program files.

When you say you have added "a file" -- what is the name of that file? It MUST be "myservers.txt". If you believe that is the case, I would suggest you perhaps go into your file viewer and click the "Organize" menu item, and the drop-down item called "Folder and search options" and the tab called "View", and UN-check the option called "Hide extensions for known file types". You might find that your filename is actually "myservers.txt.txt". Fix that and you should be good.

When I start up VRC, I get a notification that says "Could not retrieve server list from network. Using the cached server list and user-defined servers"

This, at present (version 1.2.4), is normal behavior.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The myservers.txt file goes in "My Docomeents\VRC", not in the program files folder.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Caleb Henry 1342786
Posted
Posted

Problem solved, thanks for the help