Morning all. As much as I love the Vpilot I find a strange issue. I use freeware add ons when it comes to my planes. The Vpilot does detect that I've added new planes.. however, It's not model matching. For example, Southwest Airlines. I find that when I'm next to a SWA at an airport or sky, the Vpilot shows me the 737 / 738 but it shows it to me as a plain white skin instead of showing me the SWA colors. This happens with all my models. I update and Rescan the model matching. The message I see when doing so is: 403 found 139 identified. Why is it not showing me model skins of others? Please advise..

Good morning. I happened to notice that there was a file full of planes but was not sure if I should delete my previous installations. So I decided to do a clean installation of everything to see what's available from this program and go from there. I will let you know how things work out. Thank you.

I believe there are a few models that are invisible and only show the lights, if I am not mistaken FLAi is still in beta, but still a fantastic job done by all involved.

Common issue with FSX. Some older models (usually ones that were textured in the way FS9 textured things) will show up as invisible.

I believe there's a specific .dds format that works best.

Also, when Virtual Addressing space starts getting close to the limit, FSX will just stop loading new textures.

One of the common fixes was to turn off all shadows in FSX (every single shadow type) and then the textures would show up.

P3D doesn't suffer this issue.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

I believe there are a few models that are invisible and only show the lights, if I am not mistaken FLAi is still in beta, but still a fantastic job done by all involved.

Common issue with FSX. Some older models (usually ones that were textured in the way FS9 textured things) will show up as invisible. One of the common fixes was to turn off all shadows in FSX (every single shadow type) and then the textures would show up.

You could also try to disable the "DirectX 10 Preview", if that's currently on.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Common issue with FSX. Some older models (usually ones that were textured in the way FS9 textured things) will show up as invisible. One of the common fixes was to turn off all shadows in FSX (every single shadow type) and then the textures would show up.

You could also try to disable the "DirectX 10 Preview", if that's currently on.

I am not having this issue as I am still using the BVAI models and using P3D v4, but I notice Carl is having this issue and notice a couple of twitch streamers on the rare occasion seeing invisible models with only the lights showing and they are using P3D v4 not FSX.

• 1 year later...