You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model Matching

Carl DuFault

Carl DuFault
Posted
Posted

Morning all. As much as I love the Vpilot I find a strange issue. I use freeware add ons when it comes to my planes. The Vpilot does detect that I've added new planes.. however, It's not model matching. For example, Southwest Airlines. I find that when I'm next to a SWA at an airport or sky, the Vpilot shows me the 737 / 738 but it shows it to me as a plain white skin instead of showing me the SWA colors. This happens with all my models. I update and Rescan the model matching. The message I see when doing so is: 403 found 139 identified. Why is it not showing me model skins of others? Please advise..

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

We created FLAi to provide a model matching solution for the FSX/P3D users VATSIM. If you're looking for a very simple installation that can provide model matching across the network: www.flai.app

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Carl DuFault
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance. I downloaded it, and connected it to the main FSX SE folder. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume I run this with the V Pilot at the same time? I will give this a test run.

Carl DuFault
Posted
Posted

Hmm... It does not seem to work. Perhaps I misunderstood the Root directory? I clicked change, then FSX. But now attempting to direct it to Simobjects / airplanes instead.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Make sure you've added the model matching rule in vPilot, as well as adding the models themselves. Both steps are outlined in the installation instructions.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Carl DuFault
Posted
Posted

Hiya gang! Thanks for the help. I found the instructions earlier, and loving it! I'm noticing some planes of yours are not showing though. So I'm removing my installed planes hoping yours will show?

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

I believe there are a few models that are invisible and only show the lights, if I am not mistaken FLAi is still in beta, but still a fantastic job done by all involved.

Carl DuFault
Posted
Posted

Good morning. I happened to notice that there was a file full of planes but was not sure if I should delete my previous installations. So I decided to do a clean installation of everything to see what's available from this program and go from there. I will let you know how things work out. Thank you.

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted
I believe there are a few models that are invisible and only show the lights, if I am not mistaken FLAi is still in beta, but still a fantastic job done by all involved.

Common issue with FSX. Some older models (usually ones that were textured in the way FS9 textured things) will show up as invisible.

I believe there's a specific .dds format that works best.

Also, when Virtual Addressing space starts getting close to the limit, FSX will just stop loading new textures.

One of the common fixes was to turn off all shadows in FSX (every single shadow type) and then the textures would show up.

P3D doesn't suffer this issue.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

Common issue with FSX. Some older models (usually ones that were textured in the way FS9 textured things) will show up as invisible. One of the common fixes was to turn off all shadows in FSX (every single shadow type) and then the textures would show up.

You could also try to disable the "DirectX 10 Preview", if that's currently on.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Common issue with FSX. Some older models (usually ones that were textured in the way FS9 textured things) will show up as invisible. One of the common fixes was to turn off all shadows in FSX (every single shadow type) and then the textures would show up.

You could also try to disable the "DirectX 10 Preview", if that's currently on.

I am not having this issue as I am still using the BVAI models and using P3D v4, but I notice Carl is having this issue and notice a couple of twitch streamers on the rare occasion seeing invisible models with only the lights showing and they are using P3D v4 not FSX.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I had it with FSX and I believe the aircraft was a CRJ but I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed it was my sim being stupid so I didn't make a note of it nor report it to the FLAI guys. So I don't recall exactly which CRJ.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 1 year later...
Kareem Mohamed
Posted
Posted

Hello, I hope this forum is still online. Basically my problem is that all aircraft are invisible with only the landing gear and the NAV lights visible. All shadows are off and so is DX10 or DX9. I use FLAI

Please can someone help!

Kareem Mohamed

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Kareem mate, there are heaps of posts about this issue within this forum. Please use the search function and I know you will find many answers.