You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Policy on shared simulator

Michael Levin

Michael Levin
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'd like to clarify the policy around a shared simulator - 2 people flying one aircraft on one simulator together (as PF and PNF). I know that the code of conduct requires us to not share our login with anyone else. Does it matter which pilot's login is used? Are there any issues if we change flying duties mid-flight, i.e. controllers notice that the person talking on the radios changes?

generate-signature-new-2.php?login=USA4644

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Also, it is acceptable for you to allow someone (you trust) to use your connection; you just need to be aware that you are responsible for it, including any bad behavior. You simply may not share your login information (e.g. CID and P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word) with someone.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Michael Levin
Posted
Posted

Ok, that's great. They won't have my login - they'll only be able to use my connection on my computer. We won't have doubled aircraft issues like the shared cockpit thread either.

generate-signature-new-2.php?login=USA4644

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Oh, these are two people physically located in the same room? My bad. Yeah, you're using your own login, and they're helping. And no, it doesn't matter who transmits or whether the roles & responsibilities shift during flight. Apologies for misunderstanding the question.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png