You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

atis or atc;

eric cohen 1434005

eric cohen 1434005
Posted
Posted

I've spent the morning doing some reading on vatsim.net. now when i set transponder to 1200 will i hear frequencies for atis at my depart airport? or will it give me an atc?

flying xplane 11.2 zibo 737-800 from Ottawa cyow to cyul.

any help would be appreciated; thank you.

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted
I've spent the morning doing some reading on vatsim.net. now when i set transponder to 1200 will i hear frequencies for atis at my depart airport? or will it give me an atc?

flying xplane 11.2 zibo 737-800 from Ottawa cyow to cyul.

any help would be appreciated; thank you.

Setting your transponder will have no effect on whether ATC is available, nor will it provide you with weather information (ATIS). The transponder is used to allow ATC to identify your aircraft, typically by means of a discrete ATC [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned code although that is not always necessary. If a controller is online in the area of your flight, they will appear in your ATC list. You would then tune your Comm1 radio to that controllers frequency (you may also get a private message from the ATC telling/requesting you to do so if you miss them).

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

• 3 weeks later...
eric cohen 1434005
Posted
Posted

for radio stack i have pnl, nav and i forget bottom one. which is Comm 1?