You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Shoutout to BVARTCC & NYARTCC

Noel Bennett 1159876

Noel Bennett 1159876
Posted
Posted

With all the drama lately regarding potential competitors to the VATSIM network, I'd like to take a moment to say that a network is much more than the software platform it runs on, the client software I'm running, and any other technological achievements the developers on the back end create.

The folk who provide the service, day in and day out, make up the difference.

VATSIM is full of these folk, that make me happy to be a sim pilot, and take the edge off of not being able to fly in the real world (for whatever reason). I fly mostly in the northeast, mostly within BVARTCC's airspace, occasionally dipping into NYARTCC's area. It's these folk that keep me on VATSIM, not fancy software or technological marvels. The level of professionalism, from dealing with everything crowded airspace to novice pilots, is exemplary.

Hats off to all of you providing ATC, and thank you!

P.S.: I welcome any and all technological marvels that come our way, however.

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the shoutout, Noel! Means a lot to all of us controllers at Boston. Always happy to see ADK, N3577W, etc. load up in the ZBW airspace. Catch you on frequency soon.

Best,

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

• Board of Governors
Manuel Manigault
Posted
Posted

Great post Noel!

Mani Manigault

Air Traffic Director

VATUSA - Northeastern Region

Manuel Manigault

VP, Americas Region

VATSIM

Krikor Hajian
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear you enjoy the service, Noel! Always a pleasure to hear you on frequency.

Warm regards,

Logo.png

Krikor Hajian (HI) - 1283146

Deputy Air Traffic Manager | Instructor

[email protected]

VATUSA ACE Team Member | VATSIM Supervisor

- - - - - - - - - -

BVA is on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube!

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Well written, Noel.

This is the main thing, at least for me, I am here to interact with people, many of whom I have known for almost 20 years now. I don't care too much about those "voice problems" (luckily I never really had them myself), but I am looking forward to our technological advancements to make VATSIM an even better place for all those who seem to have issues.

Mark Hubbert 1054583
Posted
Posted

It is nice to see positive comments. Thank You and enjoy flying on the network.

Mark Hubbert

Division Director VATUSA