You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AI Models Defaulting To A321

Alan Lippitt 1402148

Alan Lippitt 1402148
Posted
Posted

Ok, so I have installed a lot of WOAI models and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]osiated liveries, which is all recognised in vPilot. All looks good when a pilot has a British Airways A320, and thats what I see in FSX, good.

But, as I dont want to install every single airline livery in the World, that would be silly, I have tried to do the following.

I have added House Liveries to all my WOAI base models, and I am trying to get vPilot to use that house livery for an airline livery that I do not have, if you get me.

The problem is that the model is showing in Model Matching, but vPilot doesn't use it, its just uses Default A321.

For example, I dont have the Turkish Airlines B739 livery, so I want it to use the Boeing 739 House livery that I have added, how can I get it to work?

Many Thanks!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You need to create a custom model matching rule set that uses the house liveries. For each aircraft type for which you want to use a house livery, create a rule that specifies the type code but does NOT specify a callsign prefix. Does that make sense? Let me know if you need more guidance.

Read this for details:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation.aspx#model-matching-rules

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

FYI, a lot of this work has already been done and is available for you in a helpful and easy-to-use downloader.

www.flai.app

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Alan Lippitt 1402148
Posted
Posted

Many thanks, will give the model matching rules a go.

I didn't fully understand it last time, but will have a proper study.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Alan, did you see Evan's reply? The FLAi model package is very thorough, with a robust installer. It contains many "generic" liveries for popular aircraft types.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC