You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Wing and logo lights

Brian Fernandez

Brian Fernandez
Posted
Posted

I was wondering when I should really use both the wing and logo lights since I have them all the time on departure and arrival, also IRL when every time I fly on PR720/721, sometimes the pilots turn the wings lights on for both departure and arrival and other times they don't. Also when ever I watch an American airliner (American airlines, United airlines and Delta Airlines) on YouTube, they appear to have their wing lights on during the departure and arrival most of the time.

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

nav: when taxiing or flying in the night or when electrical power is on, keep on until complete shutdown

beacon: turn on before engine star up, off after shutting engines down

strobe: on when on runway (also for crossing runways) and when airborne

landing: on when you line up runway, off when p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing 10,000ft, on arrival – on when p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing 10,000ft, off when vacating runway

taxi: during taxi (when moving)

runway turnoff: before departure – for taxi, on arrival – turn on when p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing 10,000ft (turn off at your stand or gate)

logo: on the ground – when taxiing (turn off when airborne, turn on before landing)

wing: to check wing icing, and for better aircraft illumination (when lining up runway), use to signal other aircraft (if necessary)

nebojsa

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

This depends on the company procedures. A lot of Airlines don't use the logo light during daylight, to prolong the lifetime of the bulb. It isn't visible during the day either.

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Correct about the logo light.Varies from airline to airline.

nebojsa