You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

nearly unable to look the traffic on the sky.

SangWoo Kim 981857

SangWoo Kim 981857
Posted
Posted

Hi, All X-plane 11 users. great see you guys through this forum.

I performed the flight yesterday on VATSIM China-Pakistan event. quite lots of traffics were on there.

when i start x-plane from deaparted airport, almost 20 aircrafts were in same place, and every of them is appeared well.

but on en-route phase, my TCAS captured 3~4 aircraft within 10nm, each of them were separated 1000ft.

but only closed aircraft(3nm, 1000ft) i can see on X-plane. I double checked with Vatsim online map that the TCAS was right.

and Also, Even the appeared traffic usually disappeared, only showed with TCAS, and VATSIM map.

I tried to setup the Xsquawakbox traffic distance and number of traffics to Maximum, and Minimum(Max means 100nm/100traffics to show, Min 10nm/5traffics)

I connected VATSIM Singapore server, and adjusted graphic options to max to min. nothing changed.

those anyone experienced this symptom?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

have you also set a minimum of 3 AI aircraft active within X-Plane 11 itself? If you miss this, xSquawkbox will not be able to display more than 1 aircraft and even this one may disappear. You can find the AI aircraft setup after you have loaded a flight. Then go into "Flight Configuration", the option is on the top right of your aircraft setup.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

I believe there was also an option in XSquawkBox where you could set something like the 'VIS Range' from Controller clients.

Me.