You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Using PTT while in FSX

Sean Wolf 1440310

Sean Wolf 1440310
Posted
Posted

Im brand new to VATSIM and excited to see what it has to offer, but whenever I try to talk using the PTT button while in full screen mode on FSX: SE, I am unable to talk. The only way for me to successfully contact a controller is by using FSX in window mode and switching windows between FSX and Vpilot everytime I want to make a transmission. Is there anyway to resolve this problem? I want to still use FSX in full screen mode and be able to use PTT, how would I set this up? Also, if anyone has any tips or suggestions for a new user like I am, please share. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Duncan White
Posted
Posted

Please ensure:

vPilot Docomeentation wrote:

Note that if you want to use a keyboard key for PTT, and you run FSX as an administrator, you must also run vPilot as an administrator for the key press to be recognized.

Note: On some computers, if FSX is running as an administrator, PTT keystrokes cannot be read by vPilot unless it is also running as an administrator.