You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New member unable to get vPilot operational

Andrew Tickell 1440185

Andrew Tickell 1440185
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

I am new to VATSIM and having no end of trouble getting vPilot operational and then connecting to VATSIM.

When first firing up vPilot and entering in my VATSIM credentials it then goes onto Model Matching and immediately gives me a "default aircraft" error message - some business about an Airbus A321. Even after rescanning I cannot overcome this. (vPilot only seems to be able to see some Fixed Wing aircraft I have installed - no helicopters)

If I manually go through each section of the vPilot settings in order to get everything set-up, many fields seem to produce errors regardless of what I input, or fails to retain the information entered. None of the settings remained saved - and vPilot acts as if it has been launched for the first time everytime I open it.

Trying to connect to VATSIM with the settings issues is impossible. vPilot can connect to FSX okay, but cannot connect to VATSIM itself.

I would really appreciate some [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance in resolving these issues.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

When first firing up vPilot and entering in my VATSIM credentials it then goes onto Model Matching and immediately gives me a "default aircraft" error message - some business about an Airbus A321. Even after rescanning I cannot overcome this.

Which sim are you using? The A321 is the standard default for FSX. If you are using P3D, you should select the default for P3D. Alternatively, you can make any of your AI aircraft a default.

(vPilot only seems to be able to see some Fixed Wing aircraft I have installed - no helicopters)

That's dependent on which AI you have installed. Which AI helicopters have you installed, from which AI package?

If I manually go through each section of the vPilot settings in order to get everything set-up, many fields seem to produce errors regardless of what I input

What errors?

or fails to retain the information entered. None of the settings remained saved - and vPilot acts as if it has been launched for the first time everytime I open it.

Tell tale sign that you are not running vPilot as an Administrator (and another tick mark for the most common user error that is docomeented in the vPilot Troubleshooting Guide (just teasing a little)

vPilot can connect to FSX okay, but cannot connect to VATSIM itself.

What error message are you getting?

I would really appreciate some [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance in resolving these issues.

No worries -- you'll find that this is a great community that wants to help.

Also -- just in case you hadn't seen the vPilot Tips, Tricks, FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations