You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New windows update broke function to talk

Andreas Damhaug

Andreas Damhaug
Posted
Posted

Hi, i recently had a w update, and after that broke the ptt function for talk on vatsim, i use newest version of P3D V4 and vpilot. + saitek yoke. eny idea. tryed reinstall vpilot many times, i also run it as admin and p3d v4 as admin

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

We need to figure out exactly what's "broken".

In vPilot, if you connect to a controller's frequency, does the frequency become active? Are the TX/RX lights enabled?

When you try to press the push-to-talk, does "TX" light up?

If you set a different key, like a keyboard key, can you communicate through vPilot?

Is your Saitek yoke working for other commands/controls in the sim?

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

• 2 weeks later...
Andreas Damhaug
Posted
Posted

wery sorry for late answer.... but i can't talk on the vpilot, but i can hear the buzzer sound when on unicom, but not showing the blue light when i push the button.

i tryed switech button's and button's etc to nothing work

regard Andreas,

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Just to confirm -- you are saying you can't talk to a controller that is online using a "proper" (non-unicom) frequency? Or are you saying you are getting beeps and no lights when you are on unicom?

Evan asked some excellent questions that we should really know the answers to in order to help your troubleshooting:

1. In vPilot, if you connect to a controller's frequency, does the frequency become active? Are the TX/RX lights enabled?

2. In vPilot, if you connect to a controller's frequency, when you try to press the push-to-talk, does "TX" light up? (I think you said no, but could not determine if you were specifically talking about an active ATC frequency).

3. Is your Saitek yoke working for other commands/controls in the sim?

I have another question:

4. What key do you use for PTT?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Andreas Damhaug
Posted
Posted

it will not light up and i have saitek yoke, i have tryed to switch button to key on my keybord, not workin either