You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Running P3Dv4.3 and struggling with model matching

MARK CABLE

MARK CABLE
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I know this has been covered in other posts, and I have read them all and also the tips and tricks and the docomeentation info, but I am still struggling to get vpilot to model match in tower view whilst controlling on Euroscope at Cardiff (EGFF).

I currently use Traffic Global AI from Just Flight, but when I go into Tower view I cannot see any aircraft at all. Debug mode syays that vpilot cannot find a model match.

Here is an extract from my simobjects.cfg file:

[Entry.10]

Title=TrafficGlobalFleet

Path=C:\Users\markc\Docomeents\TrafficGlobal\TrafficGlobalFleet

Required=True

Active=True

It is pointing to the correct directory where Traffic Global is installed, In the vPilot settings\model matching\advanced box it shows my Traffic global and default P3D models a total of 802 models.

I have also created a custom rule xml file, which is below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

I wanted all the Easyjet A/C to be just one livery, which if i read the docomeentation clearly I have done correctly on this .vmr file, however I had an easyjet aircraft arrived with the correct EZY callsign and yet still vpilot could not find a matching modelset. To be honest I am totally confused and I have a lot of Fsimming experience. Iam not concerned about stutters as at Cardiff we rarely have more than 3 A/C at anyone time.

I would appreciate it greatly if someone could point out where I am going wrong here.

Thanks Mark

MarkCable.png

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

I see what you have done.

You current have this entry - `` but it needs to be this `

You forgot to put the word `Prefix` after `Callsign`, and also did not put in the TypeCode, that is why I think your Vpilot is not picking up your EasyJet aircraft.

MARK CABLE
Posted
Posted

Hi Marcus,

thanks for that, but the reason I have only put in "callsig"n is that I want all "EZY" to show as one modeltype, which is described in the docomeentation. I still cannot get any A?C whatever callsign to match at the moment.

Thanks Mark

MarkCable.png

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Surely then what is suggested is what you want?

Your version will only match where the aircraft callsign is EZY. Not EZY123 or EZY64GN. Hence why the suggestion is to change it to CallsignPrefix="EZY".

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

MARK CABLE
Posted
Posted

Thanks Norman,

got it now, all working

many thanks, Mark

MarkCable.png