You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SB in FS9 with Windows XP

Ryan Callaway 910351

Ryan Callaway 910351
Posted
Posted

Is there any way to get the SB host window to work in FS9 on Windows XP as opposed to the host window being outside of FS where you continually have to switch to it and pause FS?

Jason Harris 877712
Posted
Posted

Ryan,

Use HostSB.dll. It's a DLL file you put in modules folder in FS9. It can be accessed from the VATSIM webpage and under pilot software from the menu on the left. Or this direct link to the avsim library may work http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=17871&Name=&FileName=&Author=&CatID=Root

Jason Harris

3712.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> have to switch to it and pause FS

Following is not really what you ask.

But anyway you might want to switch to an other program during flight, e.g. ServInfo.

On your Flight Simulator pull down menu,

Options Settings General in the box that says ‘Pause on task switch’, make sure this is unchecked.

Then FS will never pause.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Ryan Callaway 910351
Posted
Posted

i try using hostSB.dll but then when i open Squawkbox, it comes up with an error.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> i try using hostSB.dll but then when i open Squawkbox, it comes up with an error.

Try "SB Host.exe".

(see subject 4. Squawkbox "SB Host.exe". link: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262 )

Jim Bellinger 919552
Posted
Posted

Yes, Ryan --

I'm having the same problem. When I used the in-game module "HostSB," my Squawkbox program crashes every time! The HostSB DOES come up within FS9, however. But I can't continue. . .

When I use the external SBHost.exe program, SquawkBox will run, but I can't see it unless I pause FS9, minimize it, and bring up the SBHost window! Then, I have to minimize THAT to re-enter FS9.

I know I must be doing SOMETHING wrong, but, since I'm new at this, I don't know what it is.

Mr. Veddin tried to answer this, but I don't think he understood what Ryan was saying.

Thanks for all your patience with us new guys.

Jim Bellinger AFA2540 KPDK

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

OK. if you must push 'P' to pause FS, just to see "SB Host.exe", then something is not right. And I never heard before.

If I run "SB Host.exe", I can switch to SB and the window come in front of FS, I see FS under SB and both run.

When I switch back to FS, then of cause SBHost run invisible under FS.

I need no minimize.

Ryan Callaway 910351
Posted
Posted

I can't run SB Host in front of FS and hostsb.dll doesn't work. I just want to be able to use SB wihout having to switch out of FS, which pauses it, play with SB, then go back to FS. I need to either be ablet to get hostsb.dll to work, which i understand it doesn't with WinXP (my original question was if anybody knew how to get it to work) or I need to get it so i can run SB Host in front of FS with FS unpaused (like you mentioned, Lennart). How can I accomplish this?

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> FS Options Settings General in the box that says ‘Pause on task switch’, make sure this is unchecked.

Did you really do this. FS do automatically pause by default, but you can change setting.

• 4 weeks later...
Ryan Callaway 910351
Posted
Posted

How do you get FS not to minimize in the BG when you task switch? I have the 'Pause on task switch' unselected.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> FS not to minimize

For me FS does not minimize.

I test run FS in a maximized window and the SB in a normal window. No matter if I switch task by click the Application-bar or at the Task-bar, it does not minimize.

Can it be some config in your XP. Does it minimize other applicationons when you switch between them (?)

Ryan Callaway 910351
Posted
Posted

Other than FS, other programs will stay open in the b/g when i task switch. Are there any settings in Windows which affect this?

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Sorry for late reply, but nothing come up and I have no solution, just answer.

> Are there any settings in Windows which affect this?

I don't know such setting.

> other programs will stay open in the b/g when i task switch

This indicate there is not a setting in Window 'cause it only effect FS. I've read it before once, but no idea what it is.