You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to connect

Tristan Marchent

Tristan Marchent
Posted
Posted

EDIT: I've turned off all Firewalls that I believe I have and still not connecting.

Hi Guys,

Happy New Year to you all and hope you all had a great xmas and time with friends and families. I hope you are able to help me out with an issue I am having. I rent a room where I'm living and my landlord has installed a router/extended wifi aerial in my room which is a TP-Link box. Not exactly sure how this works but when I connect to it rather than the main house wifi, it's a lot faster which is good. However, recently I've noticed that I cannot logon on the VATSIM network when I'm on that wifi connection. I used to be able to do this.

Having said this, the internet here really isn't the best by all means when living on an island but certainly over the past 1-2 months I've been having serious issues with it. So much so that I just don't logon to VATSIM as I know it won't connect.

I'm just thinking that it might be a security firewall or something that's blocking things but honestly I wouldn't know where to start. Has anyone had this problem before? I have access to the TP-LINK Admin page on the internet if people need to see various settings or anything.

1edPsmL.png

Would really like to get this fixed. Interestingly I've just tried it on both networks, connecting to VATSIM on vPilot and actually none of them connected up to the network.

Many thanks,

Tristan

Kind Regards,

Tristan Marchent

UK fATPL(A) - EMB195 First Officer

Tristan Marchent
Posted
Posted
Hi Tristan,

which VATSIM server and IP are you trying to connect to?

UK1 Server

Kind Regards,

Tristan Marchent

UK fATPL(A) - EMB195 First Officer

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Something is interrupting the connection to VATSIM. It's in the pipe between the server and your computer. It could be caused by server interruption, intermittent internet connection, router issue, power issue affecting the router, etc. A large number of variables/possibilities. Most people who have reported persistent EndReceive issues have reported that rebooting the router resolves the issue (though some members report it is an intermittent resolution). Suggest rebooting your wifi and the router and seeing if that helps. If not, you're probably in need of a more stable connection. Perhaps the house connection, albeit slower, would work better for your VATSIM connections and save the wifi for other things. Good luck.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations