vERAM - 20 Maps

Andrew Morkunas

I do not know if this is deliberate or will be addressed in a future revision. I know that there is a limit of 20 map selections per map set. However when I switch to a different map set the same buttons are highlighted from the previous selection.

MZEZWyUrTJ2lDNqTOqmpKQ.png

pFceu8yoRcO8TYD0t7LzXA.png

Working 'top down' there are times I need to quickly switch between maps and keeping selections persistent between map sets would be helpful.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

I believe you're referring to the "bookmark" function? If that's the case, it reverts to the maps selected for that particular bookmark (convenient if you have, for instance, a bookmark set for CTR, 1 or 2 for APP sectors, etc. That way you have maps you need for that particular view. You can re-save the bookmark with the maps you want...and it will toggle them when you select that bookmark. Apologies if that wasn't what you were referring to.

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

It's all about real estate, or lack there of enough screens. One airport that that was a different sector layout depending upon runway configuration. Then the need to quickly turn on a Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] C or D TRACON for an arrival. I realize that vERAM in not suited for TDM or the TRACON environment so the 20 maps limitation is a bit of a hindrance. I am just trying to make the workflow easier.

@Ken - I noticed that bookmarks change the map selections. Combined with the selecting a map set using MR that may be a solution. Question for Ross or anyone who knows, how may map sets can you have to select with the MR command?

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations