You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkbox & FSTramp

Col Williams 878783

Col Williams 878783
Posted
Posted

Am very new to Xplane 11 and FSTramp but have been flying Vatsim for years using FS9 FSX etc etc. I am in a group who does a lot of VFR flying and it would be great if we could see Multiplayer aircraft in FSTramp like we do in PlanG and Little NavMap. The problem with those two is they only update every three mins for the other traffic. Have been told it is a XSquawkbox problem so any thoughts on how to get it working. My own aircraft shows up in FSTramp and updates every second so no problems there. It is a fantastic program when used with XPlane 11. Any ideas would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

Haven't seen or even heard of FSTramp before.

Integration work like this falls on the other party to initiate and the FSTramp author hasn't made contact, so there's nothing more to say really.

Fundamentally, we can't use the X-Plane standard AI aircraft datarefs to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the traffic to other plugins simply because X-Plane doesn't support anywhere close to libxplanemp's maximum count.

Right now, we selectively send aircraft to generate TCAS events, so planes closer to yours are prioritised, and we only send their positions, not their orientations.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.