You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Facebook vs Forums vs Items of Interest

Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted (edited)

Quite by accident, as I don't frequent the predominant "social media sites" like FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc, I stumbled upon a FB Post about the CTP-Westbound Event that will be held March 30, 2019...and yet there is still nothing about it in the VATSIM Forums. Let me see...VATSIM Signature Event...VATSIM Network...VATSIM Members...on FB, but not VATSIM Forums?

Apparently, the "old-timers" who care little for the political diatribe so prevalent in "Social Media" have been placed second to the "new reality". That's okay, I guess...times do indeed change. Or maybe it's the staff just wanting to avoid the rush of "I can't log in to book my slot" and "How do I get my flightplan" and "Really, Heathrow and Boston...Again" posts.

Randy

Edited by Guest

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Rob Nabieszko
Posted
Posted
Quite by accident, as I don't frequent the predominant "social media sites" like FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc, I stumbled upon a FB Post about the CTP-Westbound Event that will be held March 30, 2019...and yet there is still nothing about it in the VATSIM Forums. Let me see...VATSIM Signature Event...VATSIM Network...VATSIM Members...on FB, but not VATSIM Forums?

Apparently, the "old-timers" who care little for the political diatribe so prevalent in "Social Media" have been placed second to the "new reality". That's okay, I guess...times do indeed change. Or maybe it's the staff just wanting to avoid the rush of "I can't log in to book my slot" and "How do I get my flightplan" and "Really, Heathrow and Boston...Again" posts.

Randy

+1

I found it and it seemed to be a Save the Date poster, yet was only published in one narrow social media stream. One would expect important event dates to be published across multiple vectors to reach a wide audience. Some of us keep a cautious distance from Facebook. I troll these forums more frequently than FB these days.

Rob Nabieszko | VATCAN3

Director of Training, VATCAN

[email protected]

18.png

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=78136

Sorry for the delay.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC