Hi!! Has Cross the Pacific ever been suggested? We could have it on the quarters that Cross the Pond is not, and could involved french polynesia, Australia, USA, China, Russia, etc. It could be really interesting to see all of the oceniac sectors opened, and lots of unusual centre and approch and towers open!

What do you think?

Tristan Garratt

VATPAC C1

• Board of Governors

Was tried in 2014. Went down in flames. Lack of communication and organization and advertisement. VATUSA put up dozens of controllers, and if I remember correctly, there was one, yes, just one, participating aircraft.... It can certainly happen, but lessons should be learned from the CTP organizers, most notably how much time and effort is required to organize such an event.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Membership

I participated, there were quite a few AC back in 2014, the second attempt at it really went down in flames. It needs even more preparation and planning than Cross the Pond! Especially since most of the routes are ssssooooo long. Finding a way to limit it to 8 hour flights (somehow) would make more sense. There are lots of other crossings that could be cool though.

Former VATUSA Training Director, ZDC ATM/DATM/TA/WM

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 5

Was tried in 2014. Went down in flames. Lack of communication and organization and advertisement. VATUSA put up dozens of controllers, and if I remember correctly, there was one, yes, just one, participating aircraft.... It can certainly happen, but lessons should be learned from the CTP organizers, most notably how much time and effort is required to organize such an event.

There were certainly more than 1 participating aircraft.

Here's my livestream of the event from that year.

ATC most of the way (lost Oakland Oceanic for about 45 mins at one point)

Certainly had plenty of aircraft on radio at both ends and all the way over.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

• 2 weeks later...