You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature Request - Rotating Nosewheels

Erich Berner 834484

Erich Berner 834484
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross

Now that I can PTT I have a request that I've been meaning to ask you about for a long time

It has been a huge bugbear of mine on VATSIM that the AI models do not animate rotating nose wheels. Is there a way to enable this animation in vPilot in the same way that flaps and spoilers are recognised? XP does this pretty well.

Cheers

erich

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

We have equal custody of that particular bugbear. FSX/P3D makes it quite difficult to control the animation of things like the nose gear, rudder, elevators, and ailerons. In order to take control of the position of those animations, you have to disable the internal sim logic for the aircraft. Then you lose the automatic animation of things like flaps and gear, and you then have to take full control over those animations. If I did that, vPilot would have to know the flap and gear animation speeds for each type of aircraft. It gets pretty ugly, pretty quickly. So what we have now is a compromise.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Erich Berner 834484
Posted
Posted

What a pain. Fair enough.