You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SBRelay Troubling

Cody Weeks 914800

Cody Weeks 914800
Posted
Posted

I Start SB Relay, it turns on and says servers are ready.

Then For some reason it eats up(after a minute or two)900mb of VM. It also seems like it lags on my computer. I think there is something wrong. Then I'll try to start FS. If I get lucky, FS will start after about two or three minutes of load time. Then I try to go to the multiplayer screen, and SB is not in the Sessions box.

Can Anyone HELP!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Steven Jackson 920817
Posted
Posted

Just wanted to let you know that I'm suffering exctly the same problem. I keep hoping to see a helpful response.

Terry Milford
Posted
Posted

Same problem here. I had a weak machine that seemed to do alright. bought a bad boy with 256 in video and 2 GIGS or Ram on a 3.4 board and wha la....every time I load SBRelay the CPU usage pegs out and the program all but locks up. What is up with that? Also, can you guys get the multiplayer in FS to hook up with SBRealy. Mine wont recognize SBRelay there fore no multiplayer. I'm gonna see if it will work with IVAP. That will tell a story.

Hope someone can help soon before I have to learn how to speak European. Just kidding, nothing wrong with speaking European. I wonder if they have a texan drawl in Brussels?

Terry Milford

Senior Controller ZAB

EJA485

AWE485

A wise instructor once said "Just try to keep track of the alligator closest to the canoe"

875.png

Steven Jackson 920817
Posted
Posted

Yup. Just got a new machine with about the same specs as yours. . I can't get the multiplayer in FS to connect with BR either. Checking IVAO myself.

David Voogd 857885
Posted
Posted
Also, can you guys get the multiplayer in FS to hook up with SBRealy. Mine wont recognize SBRelay there fore no multiplayer.

I had this same problem when running zonealarm. Perhaps it's an issue with a software firewall?

David V

Terry Milford
Posted
Posted

Welll since it doesn´t seem anyone can answer our question let´s try the process of illimination and see if we can match a common denominator of software and hardware. I have:

3.4 P processor

2 gigs ram

256 video

xp pro

mcafee virus/security

DSL modem no router/wireless

I have turned off XP's firewall and Mcafee's as well. I have checked the PRC and have opened and forwarded all the ports numbers I could find. The only thing unusual is that I cannot turn off the modem firewall completely so I have it in low setting. Other than that I don't know what else I can do.

Terry Milford

Senior Controller ZAB

EJA485

AWE485

A wise instructor once said "Just try to keep track of the alligator closest to the canoe"

875.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

You should know we read your post.

I'm sorry, I have seen this problem that SBRealay eat VM, bo no post with solution.

I can not even suggest propose, but use forum Search to read your self if anything can pop up.

When I start only SBRelay it take 6M and then it stable. XP SP1.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Steven Jackson 920817
Posted
Posted

My configuration:

3.4 processor

1 gig ram

512 video

xp pro

mcafee virus/security

DSL modem and router no wireless

I've tried everything Terry mentions related to firewall and and router. I slao turned off hyper-treading as suggested on the SBRelay sight, to no avail.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> mcafee virus/security

> DSL modem and router no wireless

This looks common for you.

Try exlude much as possible sources to problem. I mean e.g. remove the TCP/IP cable from your computer, start SBRelay only, does it eat memory now.

If it still eat memory then you can complete exlude DSL modem and router, else it looks really like a firewall problem.

If I disconnect from internet and start SBRelay, it's no problem, 5Mb stable.

Do you complete "exit" mcafee virus/security. I had ZoonAlarm (not yet configured for Vatsim), and it did not help to "turn off", I had to "exit" the ZoonAlarm application so that no processes of ZoonAlarm was running, just to be able to connect to Vatsim. Or even complete uninstall could be needed.

Might find something more at Troubleshooting http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Arthur Martin 853010
Posted
Posted

In Pilots Software on Vatsim , in the SB Relay section there is a Help link, don't know if that will help anyone.

Worth a look though.

Terry Milford
Posted
Posted

Ok guys here´s the scoop! Trash Mcafee!!!!! I just uninstalled MacAfee and all is fine. I think Leonard has a couple of other cirus protections listd that will work with SB fine.

<<<<<

Terry Milford

Senior Controller ZAB

EJA485

AWE485

875.png

Steven Jackson 920817
Posted
Posted

Uninstalled Mcafee and, bingo, problem solved.

Thanks to all for the help!

Terry Milford
Posted
Posted

Additionally, I bought Zonealarm and installed it and everything is still working fine. It´s a bit pricey as virus protection goes, but they have an instant rebate avialable for McAfee and Norton users if you have the orginal box and upc code. If not they have a mail in rebate with other parameters. They could have charged me $100.00 us and I would have gladly paid it to get this problem solved. Anyway.......see you guys in the flight levels.

Terry Milford

Senior Controller ZAB

EJA485

AWE485

875.png

• 3 weeks later...
Koen Lauwaet 923049
Posted
Posted

Nice to see that working together can solve problems.

Happy flying guys!!!