You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope LAN setup

Craig Haskell

Craig Haskell
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help?!

A month or so ago I managed to get ES to connect to my sim WITHOUT being connected to VATSIM.

I have just gone to try it again and now it will no longer work and tbh I cannot remember what I done to achieve this.

I have been racking my brains and have tried everything how the past 6 hours and am now at a loss.

If anyone has any info or could possibly help me this would be amazing.

Thank in advance!!!

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

What sim are you using? What pilot client? What steps have you followed this time to try and connect it?

Knowing that, we'll be able to help quicker without repeating things you have already tried

Me.

Craig Haskell
Posted
Posted
What sim are you using? What pilot client? What steps have you followed this time to try and connect it?

Knowing that, we'll be able to help quicker without repeating things you have already tried

Hi,

I'm currently using P3D, i dont ever remember using a client the last time i tried this out.

The only things i can remember doing is having p3d open along with euroscope connected as localhost. I have also tried FSD server this time round but there is limited to no information on how to set anything up with it.

Craig Haskell
Posted
Posted

I am also away after speaking to one of the developers that vpilot is to be used, but i do not want to operate on the vatsim network and vpilot doesn't have the option to connect to a localhost

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I am also away after speaking to one of the developers that vpilot is to be used, but i do not want to operate on the vatsim network and vpilot doesn't have the option to connect to a localhost

Are you sure about that?

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Craig Haskell
Posted
Posted

Are you sure about that?

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation

I have read the docomeentation and as far as I can see it doesn't. Im not looking at running vatsim or running vpilot over a network either maybe the attached picture will help?

https://justflight.sharefile.com/d-sf205408f8c64dd2a

Craig Haskell
Posted
Posted

I'm trying my best to describe what my needs are but not sure its actually getting across properly.

PC1 - P3D

PC2 - Instruments

PC3 - Euroscope

not one of the pcs are connected to the internet i just want to be able to get what euroscope offers to vatsim but on a closed no internet network, so eurscope on PC3 shows what P3D is doing on PC1.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot can connect to ES on localhost or any other IP using the .towerview command. However, this is just so that you can see VATSIM aircraft in P3D for the purpose of acting as a visual tower controller. When you use the .towerview command, you are connecting to ES in observer mode, not as an actual pilot.

If you're just trying to see your own aircraft on the ES radar scope without connecting to VATSIM, you can't do that with vPilot, so whoever told you that was misinformed. Maybe it can be done with other pilot clients, but I don't know.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC