You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CSL Taxi Lights

David Bruce

David Bruce
Posted
Posted

I have successfully flown 3 flights using SWIFT with no problems. However I have noticed, Online traffic when in the air, the CSL landing lights are on and nice and bright. However, when they land, the lights go off. And with no taxi lights and or tail lights on, it makes the online traffic to see in the dark besides the Beacon and strobe lights. When I used the Bluebell CSL files with Xsquawkbox, the tail lights and taxi lights were all on while they were on the ground, making it great to see online traffic on the ground. Is this how SWIFT works, or is there something I need to do to get this to work? I have totally removed the XSB folder from the plugins folder as well.

Thank you,

Dave

Roland Rossgotterer 104726
Posted
Posted

Between swift - swift and swift - vPilot, all lights, gear, flaps etc are synchronized. So if there is no taxi light, then it could either be that

1. the pilot didn't switch them on

2. parts were not synchronized because for example SB, FSinn or XSB was used and swift has a bug in its algorithm to detect taxi state.

Next time you see this, you could check in the models tab, column P. (standing for parts) whether it has a green tick (synchronizing) or a red X (not synchronizing). If it is synchronizing, then you could investigate further by tracing what exactly is synchronized: https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/swiftgeneral/tracingparts/ By that you could fully confirm that the pilot on the other side just didn't switch on the lights.

If there is a red X and taxi lights aren't on, just report back here and we check whether this is a bug in our algorithm.

swift - Technical Manager

http://swift-project.org/

David Bruce
Posted
Posted

Wow, I didn't even realize that the program actually emulates what the pilot on vatsim is really doing. i.e. Turning lights on & flaps down or up. That's great. I will tonight go and check if there are any red X's or green check marks and report back if I have not solved this problem. Than you very much for the quick response.

Dave

David Bruce
Posted
Posted

Hello Roland,

So I loaded X-Plane up and went to an airport with traffic. I noticed that some aircraft taking off had the lights on while on th ground, however, landing aircraft had their lights on, but once they landed the landing light shut right off. I went into the interpolation page and I have attached a photo of the page. The plane WWA512 at the top had all red X's. But they were red when he was in the air and his lights were on, then again they went off on landing. I went to the Interpolation page to try and send the code to swift to force them on, but could not find the internals. What can I do to fix this? Also should I be getting all red X's for fp and gnd and sometimes r as shown on my image? I thought I could upload a photo but i don't see where. But I see other aircraft now that are on the ground with no lights and red x's.

Thanks,

Dave

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
I thought I could upload a photo but i don't see where.

Best way may be to use a free image hosting site like imgur then post the link or the bbcode url here.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Roland Rossgotterer 104726
Posted
Posted
Hello Roland,

I went into the interpolation page and I have attached a photo of the page.

Unfortunately I don't see an attachment. Can you try to upload somewhere?

swift - Technical Manager

http://swift-project.org/

David Bruce
Posted
Posted

Hi Roland,

yes I forgot about that option to add to an image site then post the link. I will try to do that today or this weekend. I was thinking there would be an option through this thread. Hopefully we can come to a conclusion of whats going on Thanks.

Dave

David Bruce
Posted
Posted

Hi Roland here is the link to my picture of my parts list showing some planes with no lights and Red X's for csl's on the ground showing no taxi lights.

https://imgur.com/GJzd3Wr

Dave

David Bruce
Posted
Posted

Also Roland, I am confirming once a landing Aircraft completes the landing and taxi's off the runway the taxi light all go off but the line P stays green check marked. One or 2 traffic on the ground taxi lights will stay on but most turn off. Just trying to give you all the info to help.

Also I have noticed the new Text Message bug of it popping up over the main GUI overlay whenever a text comes in. I have read it's a but. Just wanted to report I have it as well.

Dave